TASHKENT (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Uzbekistan is experiencing a severe shortage of gasoline: long queues of cars can be seen at gasoline filling stations, some filling stations are closed, and the price of fuel has risen, Uzbek media report.
BISHKEK (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Kyrgyzstan‚Äôs Deputy Prime Minister Valery Dil and RusHydro Chairman and General Director Yevgeny Dod yesterday participated in the ceremony to launch the construction of the main facilities of the Upper Naryn cascade of hydro power plants on the Naryn River in Kyrgyzstan.
ALMATY (TCA) ‚ÄĒ It looks as though for Kazakhstan, the world is falling apart. Not only is the world price for oil steadily falling without anyone knowing whether it will recover, with prices having briefly but ominously dropped below $90 per barrel for North Sea Brent, which is the main indicator for Kazakhstan‚Äôs benchmark Urals. But chances for Kazakhstan to compensate the losses with extra output volumes are also vanishing with the main source of eventual extra production, the offshore field of Kashagan and its adjacent block, now not expected to come on stream in its first phase before 2017 while expenditures on it keep soaring.
BISHKEK (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Canada-based Stans Energy Corp. announced on October 14 that it had obtained an order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice which prohibits the Kyrgyz Republic and the country‚Äôs state gold company Kyrgyzaltyn JSC from selling and transferring 47,000,000 shares in the capital of Centerra Gold Inc.
DUSHANBE (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Funded by the Japan‚Äôs Grant Assistance for the Grassroots Human Security Projects (‚ÄúGGP‚ÄĚ), the project for rehabilitation of Secondary School # 25 in Kirov Village, Zargar Jamoat, Bokhtar District in Khatlon Province was completed last month.
DUSHANBE (TCA) ‚ÄĒ The Sangtuda-1 hydroelectric power plant (HPP) is fully ready for peak load during autumn-winter period 2014-2015.
DUSHANBE (TCA) ¬†‚Äď An article ‚ÄúCentral Asia Turning To Civilian Militias To Shore Up Border Security‚Äô posted on Radio Liberty‚Äôs website on October 15 notes that Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan are taking an extreme step to strengthen security along their borders, but the move is more likely to add to tensions already present along their ill-defined common frontiers, particularly in the Ferghana Valley.
ALMATY (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Is it a ‚Äúbuy‚ÄĚ, a ‚Äúhold‚ÄĚ or a ‚Äúsell‚ÄĚ? For the moment, the first label has been put on Kazakhstan‚Äôs first Eurobond issue for almost a decade-and-a-half, with heavy oversubscription on the London market. Apparently frustrated by sanctions against Russia over Ukraine which have raised fears that in response to asset-freezing measures imposed by the USA and the EU, Russia might retaliate in the same manner, investors seem to welcome an alternative opportunity to keep the coins rolling eastward. In other words: a piece of international luck against domestic gloom for the Kazakhs.
ASHGABAT (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Turkmenistan is building barbed wire fence along some parts of its border with Afghanistan, the AfTAG news agency reported. The move apparently aims to complicate penetration of Taliban and other fighters from neighboring Afghanistan.
TASHKENT (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Domestic processing of cotton fiber in Uzbekistan is expected to reach 500 thousand tons in 2015. It was stated at the opening ceremony of the 10th International Uzbek Cotton and Textile Fair in Tashkent on October 13, the Jahon information agency reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Kyrgyzstan‚Äôs Deputy Prime Minister Valery Dil yesterday participated in the event at which the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has launched the new USAID Business Growth Initiative (BGI) project and closed out its economic policy reform project, REFORMA, the Kyrgyz governmental press service said.
DUSHANBE (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Tajikistan‚Äôs poverty rate will decrease to 30 percent in 2015, Tajik President Emomali Rahmon noted at a meeting with entrepreneurs and investors that took place in Dushanbe on October 14.
DUSHANBE (TCA) ‚ÄĒ An international economic and business forum formally titled ‚ÄúDushanbe 2014: Entrepreneurship ‚Äď Mover of Progress‚ÄĚ is expected to take place in Dushanbe tomorrow, according to the State Committee on Investment and State-owned Property Management (GosKomInvest).
DUSHANBE (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Over the first nine months of this year, Tajikistan has produced more than 610,000 tons of coal, which is 180 percent of the January-September 2013 level, or 273,000 tons more, according to the Ministry of Industry and New technologies (MoINT).
BISHKEK (TCA) ‚ÄĒ Foreign investor protection in Kyrgyzstan is very weak while the need for foreign investment is high, SME Investor Attractiveness (SIA) said in a press release issued on October 13. SIA is focused on improving foreign investor protection in Kyrgyzstan‚Äôs small and medium enterprise (SME) sector. SIA is co-founded by the Anticorruption Business Council (ABC), a non-profit organization that works to consolidate the efforts of all stakeholders, including government, to fight against corruption in Kyrgyzstan.
14/10/2014 Kazakhstan‚Äôs machine-building association calls on state officials to use domestic cars
ASTANA (TCA) ‚ÄĒ The Chairman of the Machine-building Union of Kazakhstan, Meiram Pshembayev, has called on government officials in Kazakhstan to give preference to domestic cars, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported.
- 14/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan to import electricity from Kazakhstan in winter 
- 13/10/2014 Rahmon reminds CIS leaders of their promise to help strengthen Tajik-Afghan border 
- 13/10/2014 CASA 1000: Afghanistan, Pakistan agree electricity transit fees 
- 13/10/2014 Uzbekistan continues facing pressure over the use of forced and child labor in cotton harvest 
- 13/10/2014 Kazakhstan negotiating gasoline import from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, and China 
- 13/10/2014 Almaty‚Äôs bid to host the 2022 Olympic Winter Games ‚Äėvery serious and competitive‚Äô ‚ÄĒ IOC President 
- 13/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan intends to enter 2015 as Customs Union and EEU member 
- 10/10/2014 Kyrgyz President tasks the Government to provide the population with electricity and heat 
- 10/10/2014 The European Union best trading partner for Kazakhstan 
- 10/10/2014 Tajikistan bans opposition group 
- 10/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan National Guard trained to protect critical energy infrastructure from possible terrorist attacks 
- 10/10/2014 Kazakhstan, EU finalize new Partnership and Cooperation Agreement 
- 09/10/2014 Tajikistan expected to open consulate in Saint Petersburg 
- 09/10/2014 Tajik parliament ratifies agreement on construction of oil refinery in Danghara 
- 09/10/2014 Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan to support Islamic State 
- 09/10/2014 Kazakhstan increasing trade with Iran 
- 09/10/2014 China ready to invest in construction of sugar beet processing plant in Kyrgyzstan 
- 08/10/2014 People‚Äôs IPO of Kazakhstan state assets: dream or wakeup call? 
- 08/10/2014 Arab Coordination Group to consider 20 investment projects in Kyrgyzstan 
- 08/10/2014 Kazakhstan reviews implementation of Aarhus Convention