ALMATY (TCA) â€” With a fresh economic slump on the threshold, this time finding its cause in a backlash following years of over-investing in the commodities and industrial sectors in various parts of the world rather than, as was the case in the 2007/â€™08, a hard lending following a period of over-investing in financial tools, Kazakhstanâ€™s financial and economic decision makers intend to team up in order to avoid individual banks crashing in a second round. The Development Bank of Kazakhstan proposes a permanent banking syndicate in order to create a joint capital base to support industrial projects aimed at making the country less dependent on the now embattled commodity sectors.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Opportunities for the export of Kyrgyz agricultural products to Japan, as well as cooperation in cattle breeding, were discussed yesterday at the meeting of Kyrgyzstan Agriculture and Land Reclamation Minister, Taalaibek Aidaraliyev, and representatives of Japanese agricultural companies, Simiyoshi Omure and Masaharu Mizusako, said the press service of the Kyrgyz Agriculture Ministry.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” Uzbekistanâ€™s state energy company Uzbekenergo has announced a tender to select general contractor for design and construction of a 100 megawatt grid-connected crystalline photovoltaic power plant in the Samarkand province of Uzbekistan.
21/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan to promote economic reforms
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Last week, Bishkek hosted an economic forum aimed at promoting economic reforms in Kyrgyzstan, creation and development of competitive systems, and study of the best practices for the implementation of reforms. The event was organized by the National Institute for Strategic Studies and the Central Asian Free Market Institute (CAFMI). International and local experts, representatives of business associations and government agencies took part in discussions.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and the Swiss State Secretariat for Economic Affairs (SECO) have joined forces to enable Khujand, the main city of northern Tajikistan, to modernize its sewerage network and to reconstruct an old wastewater treatment plant that had fallen into disuse after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” The Guide to Sleeping in Airports (sleepinginairports.net) has ranked the Tashkent International Airport in Uzbekistan to be among the worldâ€™s five worst airports of 2014, based on travelersâ€™ overall airport experience during the voting period from September 2013 until August 2014.
21/10/2014 Two opposition parties unite in Kyrgyzstan
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajik Foreign Minister Sirojiddin Aslov is currently in Luxembourg to attend the fourth meeting of the Cooperation Council between the European Union (EU) and Tajikistan that is being held there today.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Deputy Director of the Drug Control Agency under the President of Tajikistan (DCA), Colonel Halimjon Mahmoudzoda, participated in the second inter-regional meeting of criminal intelligence experts and investigators under UNODC's 'Networking the Networks' initiative that took place in Doha, Qatar on October 14.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€” A large gas-chemical plant for production of ammonia and urea (nitrogen fertilizer) was inaugurated in the city of Mary, the regional center of Mary province of Turkmenistan. The plant was built by Japanese-Turkish consortium of companies Kawasaki Heavy Industries Ltd, Sojitz Corporation and Ronesans Turkmen on the order of State Concern "Turkmenhimiya".
ALMATY (TCA) â€” Kazakhstanâ€™s officials are admitting that economic growth in the country are subject to a downward revision â€“ even though a formal statement from the National Bank expected last Friday failed to reach the public domain. But virtually all agree that the exchange rate of the national currency cannot be upheld at its current level for long, and a new devaluation will be inevitable.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The Western Europe-Western China transport corridor will have an additional road section towards Persian Gulf countries. This branch will start from the territory of Kazakhstan, Deputy Chairman of the Road Committee at Kazakhstanâ€™s Ministry of Investments and Development, Amangeldy Bekov, said in an interview with Primeminister.kz, the official website of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” Tajikistan last week hosted the first ever Tajikistan Economic and Investment Forum with the participation of foreign and local investors, top government representatives, and international financial institutions.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” Uzbekistan is experiencing a severe shortage of gasoline: long queues of cars can be seen at gasoline filling stations, some filling stations are closed, and the price of fuel has risen, Uzbek media report.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Kyrgyzstanâ€™s Deputy Prime Minister Valery Dil and RusHydro Chairman and General Director Yevgeny Dod yesterday participated in the ceremony to launch the construction of the main facilities of the Upper Naryn cascade of hydro power plants on the Naryn River in Kyrgyzstan.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” It looks as though for Kazakhstan, the world is falling apart. Not only is the world price for oil steadily falling without anyone knowing whether it will recover, with prices having briefly but ominously dropped below $90 per barrel for North Sea Brent, which is the main indicator for Kazakhstanâ€™s benchmark Urals. But chances for Kazakhstan to compensate the losses with extra output volumes are also vanishing with the main source of eventual extra production, the offshore field of Kashagan and its adjacent block, now not expected to come on stream in its first phase before 2017 while expenditures on it keep soaring.
- 16/10/2014 Kazakhstan re-launches silicon plant in Karaganda 
- 16/10/2014 Canadian court arrests over 60% of Kyrgyzstanâ€™s shares in Centerra Gold 
- 15/10/2014 Japanâ€™s government support enhancement of education sector in Khatlon 
- 15/10/2014 Sangtuda-1 HPP gets ready for peak load during autumn-winter 2014-2015 
- 15/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan take steps to strengthen security along their borders 
- 15/10/2014 Kazakhstanâ€™s first Eurobond issue since 2000 seems to be a success 
- 15/10/2014 Turkmenistan building barbed wire fence along the border with Afghanistan 
- 15/10/2014 Uzbekistan to increase domestic processing of cotton 
- 15/10/2014 USAID launches Business Growth Initiative project in Kyrgyzstan 
- 14/10/2014 Tajikistanâ€™s poverty rate will decrease to 30 percent in 2015, says president 
- 14/10/2014 International economic and business forum expected to open in Dushanbe tomorrow 
- 14/10/2014 Tajikistan significantly increase coal production this year 
- 14/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan to improve waste management and make profit from trash 
- 14/10/2014 Weaknesses in investor protection in Kyrgyzstan 
- 14/10/2014 Kazakhstanâ€™s machine-building association calls on state officials to use domestic cars 
- 14/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan to import electricity from Kazakhstan in winter 
- 13/10/2014 Rahmon reminds CIS leaders of their promise to help strengthen Tajik-Afghan border 
- 13/10/2014 CASA 1000: Afghanistan, Pakistan agree electricity transit fees 
- 13/10/2014 Uzbekistan continues facing pressure over the use of forced and child labor in cotton harvest 
- 13/10/2014 Kazakhstan negotiating gasoline import from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, and China