BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The Asian Development Bank (ADB) is providing grant assistance of $22 million to help the Government of Kyrgyzstan address major gaps in the quality and relevance of the countryâ€™s education system, which are undermining its drive for better living standards and a more competitive economy.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The Fourth Caspian Sea Summit held in the Russian city of Astrakhan yesterday has made a considerable progress in preparing the convention on the legal status of the Caspian Sea, Russian President Vladimir Putin said after the forum.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The prospect of Kyrgyzstanâ€™s accession to the Customs Union of Russia, Kazakhstan and Belarus opens a huge market for American investors, said Minister of Economy of Kyrgyzstan Temir Sariyev at the Second Kyrgyz-American Economic Forum on September 25. The meeting aimed at discussing and improving trade and economic relations between the two countries.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” For the first time in modern history, the eastern basin of the South Aral Sea, the once-extensive lake in Central Asia that has been shrinking since the 1960s, has completely dried, the NASA Earth Observatory said last Friday.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has signed a syndicated loan in Kazakhstan to finance new environmentally friendly technologies and improvements to the efficiency of oilfield operations.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€” 105 cadets at the Navy Institute of the Defence Ministry of Turkmenistan attended an OSCE-organized course on maritime border security and port management procedures and mechanisms that concluded in Turkmenbashi last Friday.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajik Foreign Minister Sirojiddin Aslov held talks with the OSCE Secretary-General Lamberto Zanier on September 23 in New York on the sidelines of the 69th session of the UN General Assembly.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” Foreign investment in Tajikistan in January-June this year is estimated at nearly 520 million U.S. dollars, which is 178.2 percent of the January-June 2013 level, or 227.8 million U.S. dollars more, according to the Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ The International Finance Corporation (IFC) is providing a $10 million subordinated loan and $5 million senior loan denominated in Tajik somoni to Eskhata Bank to help expand access to finance for small and medium enterprises (SMEs), creating jobs and boosting shared prosperity in Tajikistan, IFC Dushanbe Office reports.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - The Islamic Revival Party (IRP) leader Muhiddin Kabiri has called on the female supporters of the IRP to be more active in the upcoming parliamentary elections.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Tajikistan is completing the process of joining the Hague Convention Abolishing the Requirement for Legalization for Foreign Public Documents, Secretary-General of the Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH), Christophe Bernasconi, told journalists in Dushanbe on September 25.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - A ten-day regional Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) course level 1, facilitated by the OSCE Office in Tajikistan concluded in Dushanbe on September 26.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajik Foreign Minister Sirojiddin Aslov has met with his Czech counterpart Lubomir Zaoralek in New York on the sidelines of the 69th session of the UN General Assembly, the Tajik MFA information department reported on September 26.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ The U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe says that U.S. Ambassador to Tajikistan Susan M. Elliott and Head of Ghalchagi Mahalla Committee Mr. Abdulhomid Sangov officially handed over a new drinking water system to the residents of Ghalchagi village in Chorsou, Vahdat District on September 25.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ According to the Delegation of the European Union to Tajikistan, the EU UNDP Border Management in Northern Afghanistan (BOMNAF) planned project activities require that coordination meetings and events involving Afghan, Tajik and other Central Asian border officials are organized, implemented and hosted by the Project.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” On top of its membership with two regional pools that include joint military operations with neighbouring states, namely CSTO and SCO, Kazakhstan has been stepping up bilateral military cooperation with Russia in particular. The main motive is thought to be not just to put up a common fence against the possible rise of renewed Islamic extremism from its cradle in Afghanistan after NATOâ€™s retreat. Beyond doubt, Kazakhstan is keeping a close eye on what happens to the west, where, in case of a compromise in Ukraine, warmongers are likely to look for opportunities to create unrest further east.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The current volume of water in the Toktogul hydro power plant (HPP) reservoir is not enough to generate electricity in the coming winter heating season, the Government of Kyrgyzstan announced. According to Deputy Prime Minister Valery Diehl, currently there is 11.9 billion cubic meters of water in the reservoir, more than three billion cubic meters less than last year. Therefore, it is necessary to introduce a limit on the consumption of electricity, he concluded.
- 25/09/2014 Through connectivity, Central Asia will be land-linked, rather than land-locked â€” Kazakh FM 
- 25/09/2014 Chinese company to build sulphide concentrator at Aktogay for Kazakhmys 
- 25/09/2014 Bishkek hosts environment, emergency risk reduction training for Central Asia 
- 24/09/2014 Kyrgyzstan cities join EUâ€™s Covenant of Mayors to increase energy efficiency 
- 24/09/2014 Uzbekistan becomes largest gold exporter to Switzerland in August 
- 24/09/2014 Kyrgyzstan and Turkmenistan are â€˜the most vulnerableâ€™ to Islamic State expansion in Central Asia 
- 24/09/2014 Growing opportunities for Kazakhstan small and medium businesses 
- 23/09/2014 Kazakhstan: pumping the crude out, crying for petrol 
- 23/09/2014 Russia against division of Caspian Sea into five national sectors 
- 23/09/2014 Remittances by Central Asian migrants working in Russia decline 
- 23/09/2014 OSCE supports combating money laundering, terrorism financing in Uzbekistan 
- 22/09/2014 Kyrgyzstanâ€™s difficult decisions to solve security and economic problems 
- 22/09/2014 Two industrial zones to be established in Almaty province of Kazakhstan 
- 22/09/2014 Kazakhstan to develop motor road network â€” President 
- 22/09/2014 OSCE assists in local self-governance reform in Kazakhstan 
- 21/09/2014 Tajik president says 200 Tajik jihadists fight in Iraq, Syria 
- 21/09/2014 Ezdan Holding Group expected to open Islamic bank in Tajikistan 
- 21/09/2014 Tajikistan to join the Apostille Convention 
- 20/09/2014 Construction of oil refinery in Danghara discussed in Dushanbe 
- 20/09/2014 Turkmenistan establishes Property Exchange