ALMATY (TCA) â€” On April 16, the White House told the press that further economic sanctions against Russia regarding the escalating crisis in Ukraine will not be enforced unless the Russian side moves on a full-scale military intervention. However, US President Barack Obama firmly declared that any illegal action by Russia in Ukraine will carry consequences. With those words echoing earlier declarations by the US and European diplomacies, Central Asian leaders started to worry about the fate of their westbound exports. In Kazakhstan, Oil and Gas Minister, Uzakbai Karabalin, expressed his concern about the fate of Kazakh oil exports to Europe via pipeline. In Turkmenistan, the diplomatic pressure on Russia revived the negotiations on the Trans-Caspian pipeline to Azerbaijan and on the TAPI pipeline to India.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Russia's state-controlled Rosneft oil company has refused to buy a stake in the Manas airport in Kyrgyzstan, KyrTAG news agency (www.kyrtag.kg) reported quoting the countryâ€™s President Almazbek Atambayev as saying during his working trip to the Talas province last Thursday.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” If need be, Russian gas monopoly Gazprom may build a gas pipeline connecting the north and south of Kyrgyzstan, KyrTAG news agency (www.kyrtag.kg) reported quoting the countryâ€™s President Almazbek Atambayev as saying last week.
21/04/2014 EBRD helps to modernize heating stations and bring down CO2 emissions in Kyzylorda in Kazakhstan
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) and Kyzylordateploelektrocentr, the municipal heat and electricity provider in the Kazakh city of Kyzylorda, have agreed to support the program of modernization of the district heating system in the city. The program will be supported by the Clean Technology Fund (CTF) administered by EBRD under the district heating sector modernization framework.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - A delegation of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Turkmenistan arrived in Bucharest on a working visit. As part of the visit, Turkmenistan and Romania held political consultations discussing cooperation between the two countries in political, economic, cultural and humanitarian spheres, the press service of the Turkmen Foreign Ministry said.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - Turkmenistan sells out three old Boeing aircrafts and buys three new aircrafts of this brand. As the Turkmenistan.ru correspondent reports from Ashgabat, President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov signed a resolution to this effect at a regular government meeting.
21/04/2014 Tajik Main Geology Directorate and German BGR discuss implementation of regional technical cooperation program
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Senior representatives from the Main Geology Directorate under the Government of Tajikistan (Glavgeologiya) and Germanyâ€™s Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources (BGR) have met in Dushanbe to discuss cooperation issues.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajik parliamentarians participated in sessions of commissions of inter-parliamentary assemblies of the CIS, the Eurasian Economic Community (EAEC) and that Collective Security Treaty Organization (CSTO) that took place in St. Petersburg on April 16.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Joint efforts against terrorism, separatism and extremism, as well as anti-drug trafficking and other forms of cross-border organized crime will be discussed today in Dushanbe during the 9th meeting of Security Councils Secretaries of SCO member states, which will be held in governmental residence.
19/04/2014 IMF Mission Arrived in Dushanbe
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Tajik Finance Minister, Abdussalam Qurbanov, met with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission under the leadership of Dmitriy Radev.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” The government of Kazakhstan is launching a new program to reduce the stateâ€™s role in major-size enterprises. Constraints on the state budget with large amounts being required to support the economy as such are forcing the state to attract more capital from abroad as local resources appear to be highly insufficient.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” The National Bank of Kazakhstan is considering raising the minimal requirement to the size of own capital of the countryâ€™s banks from todayâ€™s 10 billion tenge ($55 million) to 100 billion tenge, or ten-fold, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Improving the infrastructure for tourism in Kyrgyzstanâ€™s southern province of Batken, including lowering the risk posed by natural disasters in the region, was the focus of an OSCE-supported international forum which took place yesterday.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” An OSCE-supported training seminar on countering cybercrime in Kazakhstan with a focus on detecting, preventing and disclosing cybercrime, countering fraud in electronic banking and computer forensics, started yesterday in Astana.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” Local government authorities in Uzbekistan are forcing secondary school principals, kindergarten directors, and managers of other public sector organizations to assume responsibility for abandoned farms and fulfillment of government farming yield quotas, Uznews.net reports.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev has ordered the Government and National Bank by June to finalize a Concept for the development of the countryâ€™s financial sector through 2030, the presidential press service said.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajikistan and Belarus plan to launch a joint vocational training facility here.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov received the UN Secretary-Generalâ€™s Special Advisor on Sport for Development and Peace, Wilfried Lemke.
- 17/04/2014 Central Asia experts discuss full abolition of death penalty 
- 16/04/2014 Agricultural sector in Uzbekistan recovering from April cold snap 
- 16/04/2014 Imports exceed exports almost three-fold in Kyrgyzstan 
- 16/04/2014 Russiaâ€™s LUKOIL optimizes its hydrocarbon assets in Kazakhstan 
- 16/04/2014 Over 30 mln USD spent for construction of Roghun HPP in Q1 2014 
- 16/04/2014 Turkmen delegation takes part in Caspian Dialogue 2014 International Forum 
- 16/04/2014 Cotton-sowing campaign progressing in Tajikistan 
- 15/04/2014 Kazakhstanâ€™s Kashagan oil bubble on the verge of an ecological disaster 
- 15/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan starts construction of alternative North-South road 
- 15/04/2014 Kazakhstan to use National Oil Fund money to boost economic growth 
- 15/04/2014 Kazakhstan, Bahrain to cooperate in aluminum production 
- 14/04/2014 Power rationing has not yet been lifted in Tajikistan 
- 14/04/2014 President of Turkmenistan approves procedure for privatization of dwellings 
- 14/04/2014 Tajik parliament, ICRC vow to boost cooperation 
- 14/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan granted Partner for Democracy Status by the Council of Europe 
- 14/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan Prime Minister Otorbayev takes action to uphold law and order in the country 
- 14/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan is second in the world in terms of labor migrantsâ€™ money remittances share in GDP 
- 14/04/2014 Legal amendments in Kazakhstan threaten media freedom â€” OSCE 
- 14/04/2014 Small and medium business a driving force of Kazakhstan economy â€” president 
- 12/04/2014 Turkmenistan gets ready for Caspian states foreign ministers consultations