ALMATY (TCA) â€” Some dub it stability, others stagnation. Fact is that in Kazakhstan a name is but a name, but also that the country and its nation are in dire need for the dynamics required to meet the huge challenges in order to develop the economy from a so-called emerging one into an industrial one. Figures released of late by the National Statistics Agency with the macroeconomic results over the first half of the current year amply illustrate that assumption. Figures concerning cash reserves and their continuing accumulation clearly demonstrate that the Kazakhs simply do too little with the money at their disposition.
22/07/2014 Fuel prices rising in Central Asia
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian countries have seen a sharp growth of fuel prices in the recent weeks, Ulan Kulov, executive director of the Association of Oil Traders of Kyrgyzstan, told a news conference in Bishkek on Monday.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” A Canadian delegation will take part in the annual auction of young pedigree cattle â€śKarasu Farm-2014â€ť, which will be held on August 7 in the village of East Karasu in Kazakhstanâ€™s Kostanai region, KazAgro said.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The Kyrgyz Government aims at gradual reorientation of the economy for export of finished products to escape the threat of turning the country into a raw materials appendage to developed countries.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Kyrgyzstan Prime Minister Joomart Otorbayev visited the construction site of an aluminum-ferrosilicon plant in the city of Tash-Kumyr in the Jalal-Abad province in southern Kyrgyzstan.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” The fifth information-sharing and consultation meetings on the Assessment Studies for the proposed Tajikistanâ€™s Rogun Hydropower Project (Rogun HPP) took place in Almaty last week to discuss the draft Techno-Economic Assessment Study (TEAS) Phase 2 Summary Report and the draft Environmental and Social Impact Assessment (ESIA) report with 46 civil society groups and government officials from all six riparian countries (Afghanistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, and Uzbekistan).
DUSHANBE (TCA) -- Officers from the Drug Control Agency (DCA)â€™s office in the Gorno Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO) have reportedly destroyed 3,123 shrubs of Indian hemp.
DUSHANBE (TCA) -- Foreign ministers from the five Central Asian countries and Japan gathered in the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, on July 16 for a conference known as the Central Asia plus Japan Dialogue.
DUSHANBE (TCA) -â€” 9,339 crimes have been reported in Tajikistan over the first six months of this year, which is 500 cases more than in the same period last year, Interior Minister Ramazon Rahimzoda announced at a news conference in Dushanbe on July 18. Â Â Â Â
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) has expressed interest in financing a 4.6 billion tenge (US $25 million) program to modernize electricity distribution networks in the Kyzylorda province of Kazakhstan, the Bank said.
18/07/2014 Kazakhstan increasing exports to China
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakh producers presented their products on July 10 in Urumqi in Chinaâ€™s Xinjiang Uigur Autonomous Region. The trade mission was organized by Kazakhstanâ€™s National Export & Investment Agency KAZNEX INVEST in cooperation with Xinjiangâ€™s trade authorities, KAZNEX INVEST said.
18/07/2014 Kazakhstan developing turkey meat production
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakhstan's first poultry farm for growing and processing of turkey meat has increased its production capacity from 5,000 to 8,110 tons per year and plans to produce 25,000 tons of turkey meat in 2017, the countryâ€™s national agricultural company KazAgro said.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The Ministry of Energy and Industry of Kyrgyzstan and Alstom Holdings (France) yesterday signed a memorandum of cooperation in the energy sphere, the Kyrgyz governmental press service said.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Foreign ministers of the five post-Soviet Central Asian countries and Japan gathered in the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, yesterday for a conference known as the Central Asia plus Japan Dialogue. They reviewed the results of 10 years of cooperation in the framework of the Dialogue and discussed prospects for the development and strengthening of mutually beneficial partnership in the new decade.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” A business seminar was organized by the Kazakh Embassy in Canada in collaboration with the Canada Eurasia Russia Business Association (CERBA) in Montreal on July 14, the Kazakh Foreign Ministry reported.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” With a new round of privatisation attempts, starting in September this year and stretching till the end of 2018, the government of Kazakhstan hopes to attract several billions of US dollars in fresh investment, both domestic and foreign, into the countryâ€™s frail economy. At the same time, assets not considered of â€śvital national interestâ€ť passing into private hands should lighten the burden of state management over assets not considered to belong to that category.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajik Minister of Finance Abdusalom Qurbonov met here with Mr. Jonathan Dunn, the head of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) staff mission to Tajikistan, at the end of last week, the Ministry of Finance (MoF) Secretariat reports.
16/07/2014 Tajik Sughd province, Russian Altai krai sign agreement on trade and economic cooperation
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Administrations of the Tajik northern province of Sughd and Russiaâ€™s Altai krai signed an agreement on trade-economic, scientific-technical and cultural cooperation in Barnaul, the capital of Altai krai on July 11, according to the Altai kraiâ€™s official website.
- 16/07/2014 President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov meets with representatives of Turkmenistanâ€™s diplomatic missions abroad 
- 16/07/2014 ADB provides $300 million loan to upgrade power plant in Uzbekistan 
- 16/07/2014 Japan helps to rehabilitate roads in Kyrgyzstan 
- 16/07/2014 Turkmenistan to develop ties with Kyrgyzstan 
- 15/07/2014 Kazakhstanâ€™s industrial progress in H1 2014: three cheers, one scowl 
- 15/07/2014 Kyrgyz, Kazakh prime ministers hold talks in Bishkek 
- 15/07/2014 Kazakhstanâ€™s foreign debt on the rise 
- 15/07/2014 EuroChem launches phosphate ore production in Kazakhstan 
- 14/07/2014 Kyrgyz Parliament delegates electricity tariff increase to Government 
- 14/07/2014 Kyrgyzstan experiencing low water period 
- 14/07/2014 Kazakhstan needs latest technology to develop food production 
- 14/07/2014 Kazakhstan to develop single-industry towns 
- 13/07/2014 Turkmen President inspects construction of Turkmen section of Kazakhstan-Turkmenistan-Iran railway 
- 13/07/2014 EU Project holds International Conference on Central Asia handicraft and European markets 
- 12/07/2014 EBRD allocates funds for construction of solid waste recycling facilities in Tajikistan 
- 12/07/2014 TAPI gas pipeline project steering committee holds 18th meeting in Ashgabat 
- 12/07/2014 Tajik-Kyrgyz commission to investigate violence near Vorukh exclave 
- 11/07/2014 Improving school ventilation in Kyrgyzstan 
- 11/07/2014 Kazakhstanâ€™s National Fund reaches $77 billion 
- 11/07/2014 Kazakhstan plans to expand the list of visa-free countries