ALMATY (TCA) â€” As the date for the launch of KazSat3 is approaching, Kazakhstan's space policy stands between a rock and a hard place. The construction of the satellite KazSat3 began in 2011, when Kazakhstan and Russia signed the deal. Next week, on April 28, the launch will take place from the Baikonur space station in central Kazakhstan. The launch will be aided by a Proton-M carrier rocket, of the same kind that, due to a technical failure, crashed upon departure in July last year. Since then, Russia and Kazakhstan have argued about the responsibility of the disaster, which caused a high level of air pollution in the surroundings of Baikonur.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” On April 21, Russian President Vladimir Putin signed a law requiring labor migrant, except for highly qualified professionals, to take exams on the Russian language, the Kremlin press service reported.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakhstan is planning to build grain terminals on the border of Turkmenistan and Iran and in Chinaâ€™s direction, Novosti-Kazakhstan reports citing Nurbek Dairbekov, managing director of Kazakhstanâ€™s Food Corporation which is responsible for the countryâ€™s grain exports.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” An OSCE-supported training seminar on preventing money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism in the banking sector started yesterday in Almaty.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” With Armenia poised to join the Customs Union of Belarus, Kazakhstan and Russia before summer this year, the question remains not if but when Kyrgyzstan will follow pace. The overall expectation is that it will happen simultaneously with the transition from the Customs Union into Eurasian Economic Union (EEU), a much broader and more intensive package of agreements including open borders for traffic, trade, finance, migration and services, as well as a long list of common legislation and regulation.
23/04/2014 Balkhash is the most suitable place for building Kazakhstanâ€™s first nuclear power plant
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The most suitable place for building a nuclear power plant in Kazakhstan is near the village of Ulken at Lake Balkhash in the southeast of the country, Novosti-Kazakhstan reports citing Mazhit Sharipov, head of the Atomic Energy Committee at the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakhstanâ€™s giant Kashagan oil field in the northern Caspian Sea will probably produce no oil this year and may produce only a small quantity of crude next year, according to Franceâ€™s Total SA, which owns a stake in the Kashagan project.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said that the five Caspian Sea littoral countries â€” Azerbaijan, Iran, Kazakhstan, Russia, and Turkmenistan â€” are for peace and sustainable development in the Caspian region.
KHUJAND (TCA) - A total of 160 new industrial enterprises are expected to be introduced into operation in Sughd province this year.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - President Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov received Deputy Chairman of LG Group, President and CEO of LG International, Hee-Beom Lee; President and CEO of Hyundai Engineering, Vi-Chul Kim, as well as President and CEO of Japanese TOYO Engineering, Katsumoto Ishibashi.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - CENTCOM Joint Theater Support Contracting Command (C-JTSCC) awarded contracts with Tajikistan vendors at $1 million 110 thousand during 2013-2014 under the Portal to Central Asian States (CAS) Business Project, according to the U.S. Embassy in Dushanbe.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The Aravan region is exemplary in the country in view of advanced technologies in agriculture, and local farmers should share their experience with others, said the Prime Minister of Kyrgyzstan Joomart Otorbayev during his visit to the south of the country last week.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The Government of Kazakhstan will approve regulations for subsidies of investments in agriculture, Novosti-Kazakhstan reports citing the countryâ€™s Agriculture Minister Asylzhan Mamytbekov.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The Ministry of Environmental Protection and Water Resources of Kazakhstan in cooperation with the UN Development Program and Samsung Electronics company has launched an electronic waste management project in Kazakhstan, Minister of Environmental Protection and Water Resources Nurlan Kapparov said on Monday.
22/04/2014 Torpedo plant in Kyrgyzstan offered for sale
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” The Public Property Management Fund of Kyrgyzstan will offer for sale the governmentâ€™s 98.46-percent stake in the open joint stock company Dastan Transnational Corporation located in Bishkek, KyrTAG news agency (www.kyrtag.kg) reports citing the companyâ€™s press service.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ On Friday April 18, Tajik Interior Ministry Ramazon Rahimzoda met here with Chinaâ€™s Minister of Public Security Guo Shengkun.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - The fifth meeting of the Turkmen-Tajik intergovernmental commission on trade-economic and scientific-technical cooperation was held in Ashgabat. As Turkmenistan.ru correspondent reports from Ashgabat, a delegation of Tajikistan headed by Minister of Energy and Water Resources Usmonali Usmonzada arrived in the Turkmen capital to attend the meeting.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - The Pamir Energy Company (PamirEnergy) has begun connecting small power plants located in remote areas of the Gorno Badakhshan Autonomous Region (GBAO) to central hydropower complex of the region.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” On April 16, the White House told the press that further economic sanctions against Russia regarding the escalating crisis in Ukraine will not be enforced unless the Russian side moves on a full-scale military intervention. However, US President Barack Obama firmly declared that any illegal action by Russia in Ukraine will carry consequences. With those words echoing earlier declarations by the US and European diplomacies, Central Asian leaders started to worry about the fate of their westbound exports. In Kazakhstan, Oil and Gas Minister, Uzakbai Karabalin, expressed his concern about the fate of Kazakh oil exports to Europe via pipeline. In Turkmenistan, the diplomatic pressure on Russia revived the negotiations on the Trans-Caspian pipeline to Azerbaijan and on the TAPI pipeline to India.
- 21/04/2014 Rosneft refuses to acquire stake in Kyrgyzstanâ€™s Manas airport â€” Atambayev 
- 21/04/2014 Russiaâ€™s Gazprom may build a gas pipeline connecting the north and south of Kyrgyzstan 
- 21/04/2014 EBRD helps to modernize heating stations and bring down CO2 emissions in Kyzylorda in Kazakhstan 
- 21/04/2014 Romania, Turkmenistan hold political consultations in Bucharest 
- 21/04/2014 Turkmenistan sells out old Boeings and buys new ones 
- 21/04/2014 Tajik Main Geology Directorate and German BGR discuss implementation of regional technical cooperation program 
- 19/04/2014 Tajik MPs attend meetings of commissions of CIS, EAEC and CSTO parliamentary assemblies 
- 19/04/2014 Meeting of Security Council Secretaries of SCO member states is held in Dushanbe 
- 19/04/2014 IMF Mission Arrived in Dushanbe 
- 18/04/2014 New privatization round in Kazakhstan should relieve capital constraints 
- 18/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan to introduce e-government strategy 
- 18/04/2014 No more than 20 banks might be left in Kazakhstan by 2020 
- 18/04/2014 Kyrgyzstanâ€™s Batken province improving tourism infrastructure 
- 18/04/2014 OSCE trains Kazakhstanâ€™s prosecutors to counter cybercrime 
- 17/04/2014 Public-sector employees forced to become farmers in Uzbekistan 
- 17/04/2014 China remains the largest creditor of Kyrgyzstan 
- 17/04/2014 Financial sector of Kazakhstan developing steadily â€” Nazarbayev 
- 17/04/2014 Tajikistan, Belarus plan to launch joint vocational training facility 
- 17/04/2014 President of Turkmenistan receives UN Secretary Generalâ€™s Special Advisor 
- 17/04/2014 Central Asia experts discuss full abolition of death penalty