DUSHANBE (TCA) -- The University of Central Asiaâ€™s Institute for Public Policy and Administration (UCA IPPA) will host a seminar on micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) in Dushanbe on September 19.
DUSHANBE (TCA) -- The ruling Peopleâ€™s Democratic Party (PDP) has decided to hold its 12th congress on December 27, 2014.
DUSHANBE (TCA) -- The continuing crisis between Russia and Ukraine is weighing on the economies of the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) region, with only a modest recovery expected in 2015 after a sharp slowdown in growth this year.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” The current situation that the Uzbek presidentâ€™s elder daughter, Gulnara Karimova, has found herself under house arrest for the last seven months is an indication that all speculations about the presidentâ€™s successor should be called off, Uznews.net quotes the Russian political scientist Alexey Malashenko as saying.
18/09/2014 Kazakhstan to export mutton to Bahrain
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” The National Conference on Trafficking in Human Beings with a focus on capacity-building of governmental and non-governmental actors was held in Tashkent on September 16 and 17. The conference was co-organized by the OSCE Project Coordinator in Uzbekistan, the Republican Inter-agency Commission on Combating Human Trafficking and the General Prosecutorâ€™s Office.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” On top of increasing worries about Kazakhstanâ€™s oil output capacity with several old oilfields nearing depletion and the countryâ€™s sole major new project Kashagan off the Caspian coast suffering from continuing delays before taking off, the republic and its state oil company Kazmunaygas have got a new headache after the European Union restricted several large Russian companies from seeking capital on European financial markets, including oil companies Rosneft, Transneft and Gazprom Neft.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The Government of Kazakhstan is taking measures to solve the problem of the oil products shortage in the country without raising their prices, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported citing First Deputy Energy Minister Uzakbai Karabalin.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Operators of three largest oil projects in Kazakhstan â€” Kashagan, Karachaganak, and Tengiz â€” will set up joint ventures for drilling and design works, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported citing the countryâ€™s First Deputy Energy Minister Uzakbai Karabalin.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Last week, the Ministry of Economy of Kyrgyzstan held a competition for the vacant positions in the Investment Promotion Agency (IPA) under the ministry. The agency was established by the Government order of March 18, 2014 to implement the National Sustainable Development Strategy for 2013-2017 which provides the requirements for establishing an institute to attract and promote investment.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Ocean Sino Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of China Rongsheng Heavy Industries Group, last week completed a share purchase agreement with New Continental Oil & Gas that will allow it to enter the energy industry and target strategic oil projects in Kyrgyzstan, the Chinese company said.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” The budgetary policy of the Government of Kazakhstan in the medium-term perspective will be aimed at meeting social-welfare commitments and accumulating funds in the National Fund, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported citing the countryâ€™s National Economy Minister Yerbolat Dosayev.
15/09/2014 SCO: a sleeping giant waiting to wake up
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Where heads of states and governments come together, the place is usually sizzling with hints and hopes of one or more â€śbreakthroughsâ€ť meaning a fundamental change in the political map of the world. Such high hopes are inevitably doomed to end in disappointment for the simple reason that such changes do not take place overnight. What is always important to note, though, are more subtle changes in the air, since rather than revolutionary events summits are always good barometres regarding future eventualities in terms of states of importance shifting sides in global political and economic standoffs.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Rehabilitated with financial support from the World Bank, the Osh-Batken-Isfana road in southern Kyrgyzstan now helps local people get to places easily and spur trade, besides generating jobs and cutting dust pollution.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” Between January and June 2014 Uzbekistan used $6.7 billion worth of investments in fixed assets, a 12.8-percent increase compared to the same period last year, the Jahon information agency reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Problems in Kyrgyzstanâ€™s energy sector have been accumulating for years but 2014 has become the year of urgent decision-making in this sector, Kyrgyz Prime Minister Joomart Otorbayev wrote in his article entitled â€śProblems and potential of development of the electricity sector in the Kyrgyz Republicâ€ť, published by the governmental press service last Friday.
14/09/2014 President of Turkmenistan attends SCO summit
ASHGABAT (TCA) â€” President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov paid a working visit to the Republic of Tajikistan to attend, as a guest of honor, a meeting of the Council of Heads of Member States of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€” The Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) held its 14th summit In Dushanbe on September 12 and formulated a development blueprint aimed at regional stability and common prosperity.
- 14/09/2014 Tajikistan to create favorable conditions to attract more Chinese investment, says Tajik PM 
- 12/09/2014 Radioactive junk in Central Asia: a multi-dimensional time bomb 
- 12/09/2014 India and Pakistan seek new role in SCO 
- 12/09/2014 Kyrgyz president proposes to strengthen mutual confidence in border areas 
- 12/09/2014 Kazakhstan to build 28 solar power plants by 2020 
- 12/09/2014 New political party to be established in Turkmenistan 
- 12/09/2014 Report analyzes water pressures in Central Asia 
- 11/09/2014 SCO summit expected to discuss international transportation issues 
- 11/09/2014 Tajik president receives Pakistani prime ministerâ€™s national security adviser 
- 11/09/2014 TALCO, Chinaâ€™s General Nice Investment Limited to launch joint venture 
- 11/09/2014 Kazakhstan banks will be required to keep equity capital inside the country 
- 11/09/2014 Kazakhstan retains its position in WEF Global Competitiveness Report 
- 11/09/2014 Iranian president launches hydro power plant in Tajikistan 
- 10/09/2014 The weak spots in Kazakhstanâ€™s property legalization law 
- 10/09/2014 Amendments to Uzbek election law aimed at retaining Karimov as president in 2015, activist says 
- 10/09/2014 Swiss company may build small hydro power plants in Kyrgyzstan 
- 10/09/2014 Kazakhstan and Iran sign agreements at Kazakh-Iranian business forum 
- 09/09/2014 Turkmenistan potential on offer to new and old investors 
- 09/09/2014 Uzbek prime minister orders to harvest cotton in 30 days 
- 09/09/2014 Gazprom ready to build North-South gas pipeline in Kyrgyzstan