DUSHANBE (TCA) - Joint efforts against terrorism, separatism and extremism, as well as anti-drug trafficking and other forms of cross-border organized crime will be discussed today in Dushanbe during the 9th meeting of Security Councils Secretaries of SCO member states, which will be held in governmental residence.
19/04/2014 IMF Mission Arrived in Dushanbe
DUSHANBE (TCA) - Tajik Finance Minister, Abdussalam Qurbanov, met with the International Monetary Fund (IMF) mission under the leadership of Dmitriy Radev.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” The government of Kazakhstan is launching a new program to reduce the stateâ€™s role in major-size enterprises. Constraints on the state budget with large amounts being required to support the economy as such are forcing the state to attract more capital from abroad as local resources appear to be highly insufficient.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” The National Bank of Kazakhstan is considering raising the minimal requirement to the size of own capital of the countryâ€™s banks from todayâ€™s 10 billion tenge ($55 million) to 100 billion tenge, or ten-fold, Novosti-Kazakhstan reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Improving the infrastructure for tourism in Kyrgyzstanâ€™s southern province of Batken, including lowering the risk posed by natural disasters in the region, was the focus of an OSCE-supported international forum which took place yesterday.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” An OSCE-supported training seminar on countering cybercrime in Kazakhstan with a focus on detecting, preventing and disclosing cybercrime, countering fraud in electronic banking and computer forensics, started yesterday in Astana.
TASHKENT (TCA) â€” Local government authorities in Uzbekistan are forcing secondary school principals, kindergarten directors, and managers of other public sector organizations to assume responsibility for abandoned farms and fulfillment of government farming yield quotas, Uznews.net reports.
ASTANA (TCA) â€” Kazakhstan President Nursultan Nazarbayev has ordered the Government and National Bank by June to finalize a Concept for the development of the countryâ€™s financial sector through 2030, the presidential press service said.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â€“ Tajikistan and Belarus plan to launch a joint vocational training facility here.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - President of Turkmenistan Gurbanguly Berdimuhamedov received the UN Secretary-Generalâ€™s Special Advisor on Sport for Development and Peace, Wilfried Lemke.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - A Regional Conference â€śTowards the Full Abolition of Death Penalty in Tajikistan: Experience of Central Asian Countriesâ€ť took place in Dushanbe yesterday.
BISHKEK (TCA) â€” Imports exceeded exports by 2.7 times in Kyrgyzstan in 2013, KyrTAG news agency (www.kyrtag.kg) reports citing Baktygul Jeenbayeva, deputy chairperson of the Kyrgyz National Bank.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” Russian oil company LUKOIL yesterday announced the sale of its 50-percent stake in the Caspian Investment Resources Ltd to Chinaâ€™s Sinopec. The total price of the shares for sale will be around US $1.2 billion, the Russian company said.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - 150 million somoni (equivalent to more than 30 million U.S. dollars) have been spent over the first three months of this year for construction of the Roghun hydroelectric power plant (HPP), which is twice as much compared to the same period last year, according to the Agency for Statistics under the President of Tajikistan.
ASHGABAT (TCA) - A delegation of Turkmenistan took part in the Caspian Dialogue 2014 International Forum which was held at the Chamber of Commerce and Industry of the Russian Federation in Moscow. The delegation included the heads and senior specialists of relevant departments of Turkmenistan.
DUSHANBE (TCA) - A cotton-sowing campaign is progressing in Tajikistan.
ALMATY (TCA) â€” The Kashagan oil field in Kazakhstan was supposed to restart over the winter. Now, instead of months it has been admitted that it may take longer, probably years. The Kashagan offshore project in the Kazakh sector of the Caspian Sea, once dubbed the â€śdeal of the new centuryâ€ť, is in serious problem. The project started more than ten years ago and so far has seen an investment of nearly $50 billion and earned nothing.
- 15/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan starts construction of alternative North-South road 
- 15/04/2014 Kazakhstan to use National Oil Fund money to boost economic growth 
- 15/04/2014 Kazakhstan, Bahrain to cooperate in aluminum production 
- 14/04/2014 Power rationing has not yet been lifted in Tajikistan 
- 14/04/2014 President of Turkmenistan approves procedure for privatization of dwellings 
- 14/04/2014 Tajik parliament, ICRC vow to boost cooperation 
- 14/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan granted Partner for Democracy Status by the Council of Europe 
- 14/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan Prime Minister Otorbayev takes action to uphold law and order in the country 
- 14/04/2014 Kyrgyzstan is second in the world in terms of labor migrantsâ€™ money remittances share in GDP 
- 14/04/2014 Legal amendments in Kazakhstan threaten media freedom â€” OSCE 
- 14/04/2014 Small and medium business a driving force of Kazakhstan economy â€” president 
- 12/04/2014 Turkmenistan gets ready for Caspian states foreign ministers consultations 
- 12/04/2014 International standards come to the Tajik textile and clothing industry 
- 12/04/2014 Kyrgyz, Tajik prime ministers to meet over border issues later in April 
- 12/04/2014 Chinaâ€™s company registers its branch in Tajikistan 
- 11/04/2014 Turkmen-Armenian summit talks held in Ashgabat 
- 11/04/2014 OSCE trains Tajikistan border troops on patrol leadership 
- 11/04/2014 Kyrgyz prime minister offers his Tajik counterpart to hold bilateral meeting 
- 11/04/2014 Turkmen president chairs meeting on development of oil and gas sector 
- 11/04/2014 Tajik Institute of Public Administration, UCA sign MoU to increase capacity of civil servants