ALMATY (TCA) â Kazakhstanâs officials are admitting that economic growth in the country are subject to a downward revision â even though a formal statement from the National Bank expected last Friday failed to reach the public domain. But virtually all agree that the exchange rate of the national currency cannot be upheld at its current level for long, and a new devaluation will be inevitable.
ASTANA (TCA) â The Western Europe-Western China transport corridor will have an additional road section towards Persian Gulf countries. This branch will start from the territory of Kazakhstan, Deputy Chairman of the Road Committee at Kazakhstanâs Ministry of Investments and Development, Amangeldy Bekov, said in an interview with Primeminister.kz, the official website of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â Tajikistan last week hosted the first ever Tajikistan Economic and Investment Forum with the participation of foreign and local investors, top government representatives, and international financial institutions.
TASHKENT (TCA) â Uzbekistan is experiencing a severe shortage of gasoline: long queues of cars can be seen at gasoline filling stations, some filling stations are closed, and the price of fuel has risen, Uzbek media report.
BISHKEK (TCA) â Kyrgyzstanâs Deputy Prime Minister Valery Dil and RusHydro Chairman and General Director Yevgeny Dod yesterday participated in the ceremony to launch the construction of the main facilities of the Upper Naryn cascade of hydro power plants on the Naryn River in Kyrgyzstan.
ALMATY (TCA) â It looks as though for Kazakhstan, the world is falling apart. Not only is the world price for oil steadily falling without anyone knowing whether it will recover, with prices having briefly but ominously dropped below $90 per barrel for North Sea Brent, which is the main indicator for Kazakhstanâs benchmark Urals. But chances for Kazakhstan to compensate the losses with extra output volumes are also vanishing with the main source of eventual extra production, the offshore field of Kashagan and its adjacent block, now not expected to come on stream in its first phase before 2017 while expenditures on it keep soaring.
BISHKEK (TCA) â Canada-based Stans Energy Corp. announced on October 14 that it had obtained an order from the Ontario Superior Court of Justice which prohibits the Kyrgyz Republic and the countryâs state gold company Kyrgyzaltyn JSC from selling and transferring 47,000,000 shares in the capital of Centerra Gold Inc.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â Funded by the Japanâs Grant Assistance for the Grassroots Human Security Projects (âGGPâ), the project for rehabilitation of Secondary School # 25 in Kirov Village, Zargar Jamoat, Bokhtar District in Khatlon Province was completed last month.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â The Sangtuda-1 hydroelectric power plant (HPP) is fully ready for peak load during autumn-winter period 2014-2015.
DUSHANBE (TCA) Â â An article âCentral Asia Turning To Civilian Militias To Shore Up Border Securityâ posted on Radio Libertyâs website on October 15 notes that Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan are taking an extreme step to strengthen security along their borders, but the move is more likely to add to tensions already present along their ill-defined common frontiers, particularly in the Ferghana Valley.
ALMATY (TCA) â Is it a âbuyâ, a âholdâ or a âsellâ? For the moment, the first label has been put on Kazakhstanâs first Eurobond issue for almost a decade-and-a-half, with heavy oversubscription on the London market. Apparently frustrated by sanctions against Russia over Ukraine which have raised fears that in response to asset-freezing measures imposed by the USA and the EU, Russia might retaliate in the same manner, investors seem to welcome an alternative opportunity to keep the coins rolling eastward. In other words: a piece of international luck against domestic gloom for the Kazakhs.
ASHGABAT (TCA) â Turkmenistan is building barbed wire fence along some parts of its border with Afghanistan, the AfTAG news agency reported. The move apparently aims to complicate penetration of Taliban and other fighters from neighboring Afghanistan.
TASHKENT (TCA) â Domestic processing of cotton fiber in Uzbekistan is expected to reach 500 thousand tons in 2015. It was stated at the opening ceremony of the 10th International Uzbek Cotton and Textile Fair in Tashkent on October 13, the Jahon information agency reported.
BISHKEK (TCA) â Kyrgyzstanâs Deputy Prime Minister Valery Dil yesterday participated in the event at which the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) has launched the new USAID Business Growth Initiative (BGI) project and closed out its economic policy reform project, REFORMA, the Kyrgyz governmental press service said.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â Tajikistanâs poverty rate will decrease to 30 percent in 2015, Tajik President Emomali Rahmon noted at a meeting with entrepreneurs and investors that took place in Dushanbe on October 14.
DUSHANBE (TCA) â An international economic and business forum formally titled âDushanbe 2014: Entrepreneurship â Mover of Progressâ is expected to take place in Dushanbe tomorrow, according to the State Committee on Investment and State-owned Property Management (GosKomInvest).
- 14/10/2014 Tajikistan significantly increase coal production this year 
- 14/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan to improve waste management and make profit from trash 
- 14/10/2014 Weaknesses in investor protection in Kyrgyzstan 
- 14/10/2014 Kazakhstanâs machine-building association calls on state officials to use domestic cars 
- 14/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan to import electricity from Kazakhstan in winter 
- 13/10/2014 Rahmon reminds CIS leaders of their promise to help strengthen Tajik-Afghan border 
- 13/10/2014 CASA 1000: Afghanistan, Pakistan agree electricity transit fees 
- 13/10/2014 Uzbekistan continues facing pressure over the use of forced and child labor in cotton harvest 
- 13/10/2014 Kazakhstan negotiating gasoline import from Azerbaijan, Turkmenistan, Belarus, and China 
- 13/10/2014 Almatyâs bid to host the 2022 Olympic Winter Games âvery serious and competitiveâ â IOC President 
- 13/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan intends to enter 2015 as Customs Union and EEU member 
- 10/10/2014 Kyrgyz President tasks the Government to provide the population with electricity and heat 
- 10/10/2014 The European Union best trading partner for Kazakhstan 
- 10/10/2014 Tajikistan bans opposition group 
- 10/10/2014 Kyrgyzstan National Guard trained to protect critical energy infrastructure from possible terrorist attacks 
- 10/10/2014 Kazakhstan, EU finalize new Partnership and Cooperation Agreement 
- 09/10/2014 Tajikistan expected to open consulate in Saint Petersburg 
- 09/10/2014 Tajik parliament ratifies agreement on construction of oil refinery in Danghara 
- 09/10/2014 Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan to support Islamic State 
- 09/10/2014 Kazakhstan increasing trade with Iran