ASTANA (TCA) — Minister of Culture and Sports Arystanbek Mukhamediuly spoke about the ongoing work on the development of the tourism industry in Kazakhstan at a press conference on December 28, the official website of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan reported.
According to the minister, in 2019 the State Program for the Development of Tourism will be adopted, which will allow Kazakhstan to fully realize the potential for attracting foreign tourists.
Three main objectives of the program are to increase the flow of mass international tourists; develop the market and create new jobs to increase the number of people employed in the tourism industry; and increase the investment attractiveness of the tourism industry and the share of tourism in the total GDP of Kazakhstan to 8% by 2025.
The core of the state program is the Map of Kazakhstan's touristization. Top 10 destinations of the national level and 50 regional ones have been determined. The successful implementation of the Top 10 project will allow to increase the tourist flow fourfold by 2025, and to create up to 64 thousand new jobs.
Top 10 destinations of the national level are:
1) Astana — with a potential of 1,000,000 tourists per year;
2) Burabai resort zone — with a potential of 2,000,000 tourists per year (current flow is 750,000);
3) Lake Alakol — with a potential of 2,500,000 tourists per year (the current flow is 772,000 tourists per year);
4) Mountain cluster of the Almaty region — with a potential of 2,500,000 tourists per year (current flow — 500,000);
5) Bayanaul resort area — with a potential of 450,000 tourists per year (the current flow is 200,000);
6) Imantau-Shalkar resort area — with a potential of 400,000 tourists per year (current flow is 130,000);
7) Lake Balkhash — with a potential of 400,000 tourists per year (the current flow is 130,000);
8) Turkestan city — with a potential of 1,500,000 tourists per year (current flow is 500,000);
9) Baikonur space complex;
10) Mangystau — with a potential of 750,000 tourists per year.