DUSHANBE (TCA) — The Prime Minister of Kazakhstan Askar Mamin on July 11 paid an official visit to Tajikistan.
During the visit, the head of the Kazakh Government was received by the President of Tajikistan Emomali Rahmon. They discussed issues of bilateral trade and economic cooperation, the press service of the Prime Minister of Kazakhstan reported.
Kazakh-Tajik intergovernmental negotiations were held on expanding partnership. It was said that in 2018, the volume of trade between the countries increased by 8.2%. At present, the trade turnover is $900 million. Along with this, the volume of export-import transportation by road between Kazakhstan and Tajikistan has increased 2.9-fold and amounted to 16.9 million tons.
Prime Minister of Tajikistan Kokhir Rasulzoda said that Kazakhstan is the second-largest partner of Tajikistan in terms of commodity turnover. At the same time, there are prospects for Kazakhstan to become the main trade partner of Tajikistan. To this end, the governments of Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are working on increasing the volume of mutual trade to $2 billion in the next 3-4 years.
“We are ready to expand our investment cooperation by creating joint investment projects,” said Askar Mamin.
As part of the visit, the following Kazakh-Tajik agreements were signed for a total amount of about $80 million:
- Agreement on cooperation between the Eurasian Development Bank, State Enterprise “Rohee Ohani Tochikiston” and KazakhExport JS Exports Insurance Company for $35 million;
- Agreement on cooperation between Agromashholding JSC, RSUE “Tajikselkhozleasing” and KazakhExport JS Exports Insurance Company for $20.7 million;
- Agreement on cooperation between LLC Dusti 2017 and KazakhExport JS Exports Insurance Company for $16 million;
- Framework contract on the supply of Kazakh wheat between Food Contract Corporation JS National Company and the Agency for State Material Reserves under the Government of Tajikistan for $6 million;
- Contract on the supply of canned products between PALLANT TRADE LLP and Tajero LLC distribution company for $1 million;
- Contract for the supply of 50 JAC brand cars between Kazakhstan’s SaryarkaAvtoProm LLP and Holding Asia Group Tajikistan CJSC for $655 thousand; and
- Agreement on cooperation between Kazakhstan’s Food Contract Corporation JS National Company and the Agency for State Material Reserves under the Government of Tajikistan.